- Buy 200 shares of Starbucks stock.
- This one time $13,000 investment will potentially grow in value as an asset, and spin off dividends for a long time.
- Dividends are 2.24%, paid quarterly, which is about 24$/month or 6$/week. Since I don’t usually get anything fancy at Starbucks, this will cover 2.5 drinks per week.
- Over the course of 15 years, I could be spending $15,000 on Starbucks drinks. And at the end of that time have nothing to show for it.
- With the stock, I could potentially get “free” drinks from the dividends for all that time, and at the end of 15 years if the stock rises with the broader S&P 500, my initial investment could be worth about $33,000.
Starbucks Stock, Mocha DividendsSBUX trades at around $67 a share. SBUX pays a dividend of .36 per share. Own 100 shares and get $36 in coffee money each quarter or about $160/year. Good coffee money! The future growth in the company probably relies on outside the U.S. markets. China is the company’s second largest market and shows potential for expansion. They recently entered India, a large population market with growth potential. Europe is the company’s weakest region probably because the coffee culture is so well established and wonderful there, although they just opened a luxury store in Milan, oh wow!
Continuing with the theme of How I got AT&T to Pay My Cellphone Bill For Life I’d like to show you how I got Starbucks to pay for my coffee addiction.